Business & Management - 1/2 Credit Elective (Online)
• Grade: Entering Grades 9-12
• One Semester Course - 1/2 credit
• Cost: $625/ class
• Dates: Tuesday, August 4th- Friday, August 21
• Time: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
• Teacher: Marc Roberts (AP Economics teacher)
• Location: Virtual Course
The business management course is designed to develop students’ knowledge and understanding of business management theories, as well as their ability to apply a range of tools and techniques.
Students learn to analyze, discuss and evaluate business activities at local, national and international levels. The course covers a range of organizations from all sectors, as well as the socio-cultural and economic contexts in which those organizations operate. This course will serve as a general elective in the history department. Max screen time 45 minutes per day. Students will require access to a computer, Zoom and a google account. The course is intended to be project based and students will have to collaborate via Zoom.
The aims of the business management course are to:
1. encourage a holistic view of the world of business
2. empower students to think critically and strategically about individual and organizational behavior
3. promote the importance of exploring business issues from different cultural perspectives
4. enable the student to appreciate the nature and significance of change in a local, regional and global context
5. promote awareness of the importance of environmental, social and ethical factors in the actions of individuals and organizations
6. develop an understanding of the importance of innovation in a business environment.