Celebrating Out-of-Door’s History - Our 95th Anniversary Logo
This logo is a symbol of our school’s historic roots.
At the school’s inception in 1924, it was named The Out-of-Door School by our founders Ms. Harrison and Gavin. They envisioned a school where fresh air, physical activity, and the arts would promote a higher level of academic achievement for their students. More than fifty years later in 1976, the school became a nonprofit 5013C and was renamed The Out-of-Door Academy. Our 95th anniversary logo features the palm tree seal which was used by both The Out-of-Door School and The Out-of-Door Academy during this period of transition during the 1970s. Each week during the 2019-20 school year we will be sharing images and artifacts from the archives to highlight the school’s growth and development over the past nine decades.