Celebrating Out-of-Door’s History - Our 95th Anniversary Logo

This logo is a symbol of our school’s historic roots.
At the school’s inception in 1924, it was named The Out-of-Door School by our founders Ms. Harrison and Gavin. They envisioned a school where fresh air, physical activity, and the arts would promote a higher level of academic achievement for their students. More than fifty years later in 1976, the school became a nonprofit 5013C and was renamed The Out-of-Door Academy. Our 95th anniversary logo features the palm tree seal which was used by both The Out-of-Door School and The Out-of-Door Academy during this period of transition during the 1970s. Each week during the 2019-20 school year we will be sharing images and artifacts from the archives to highlight the school’s growth and development over the past nine decades.

The Out-of-Door Academy

LOWER SCHOOL |  Historic Siesta Key Campus  |  Pre-K – Grade 5
444 Reid Street, Sarasota, FL 34242  |  941-349-3223  |  Fax: 941-349-8133

  |  Uihlein Campus in Lakewood Ranch  |  Grades 6 – 8 |  Grades 9 – 12
5950 Deer Drive, Sarasota, FL 34240  |  941-349-3224  |  Fax: 941-907-1251
The Out-of-Door Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, physical ability, color, religion, sex, age, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
The Out-of-Door Academy is an equal opportunity employer.

© 2019 The Out-of-Door Academy