How to Apply: Admissions Process
The Admissions team at The Out-of-Door Academy seeks students with curiosity, passion, integrity, and a commitment to academic, athletic, artistic, and personal growth.
Admission decisions are determined by your application, assessment forms, grades, shadow visit, and test scores. We admit students who can succeed academically and who will contribute to our independent school community.
To facilitate the admissions process, we recommend that you follow the guidelines listed below. These steps are important and necessary in expediting the admission decision.
Prospective students and families are invited to visit and experience the Out-of-Door campuses and see the students, faculty, and curriculum in action. Tours are scheduled during the week. Please call the Admissions Office at 941-554-3400 to schedule a personal tour.
Complete the Online Application for Admission and the $100 application fee.
To the parents/guardians of the applicant:
In order to evaluate your child’s application to The Out-of-Door Academy, we must have transcripts and assessment forms from his/her present school. After completing an online application for admission, you will be required to complete the following items:
- Student Questionnaire - Grades 4-12
- Parent Authorization for Release of Student Records Form
- Teacher Assessment Form - General - Applicants for Grades Pre-K - K
- Teacher Assessment Form - General - Applicants for Grade 1
- Teacher Assessment Form - General - Applicants for Grades 2 - 3
- Teacher Assessment Form - General - Applicants for Grades 4 - 5
- General Teacher Assessment Form - Applicants for Grade 6
- General Teacher Assessment Form - Applicants for Grades 7-12
- English Teacher Assessment Form - Applicants for Grades 7 - 12
- Math Teacher Assessment Form - Applicants for Grades 7 - 12
- Be OUTstanding Assignment
You will be able to access these forms from your Admissions Progress Page. Please make sure to complete an online application by clicking here.
The Admissions Office will contact all Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten applicants to schedule the Individual and Group Assessments.
Because admission to The Out-of-Door Academy’s Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs is based primarily on individual developmental readiness, the School recommends applicants for Pre-Kindergarten turn four (4) and applicants for Kindergarten turn five (5) by September 1 of their entry year.
After submitting the completed application materials, please call to schedule a school visit .
Register to take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) online at www.ssat.org. (Important: Indicate "The Out-of-Door Academy" as a score recipient to ensure that the score reports are received in a timely manner.)
All completed applications (all required steps satisfied) are reviewed by the admissions committee to determine whether the student and the School are an appropriate match. It is the responsibility of the applicant's parent(s)/guardian(s) to ensure that all materials have been received by The Out-of-Door Academy.